Thursday 22 October 2015

Rosy Legs and Chilly Shoulders







 

Printed trousers have always been a summer thing for me, for those days when I haven't kept on top of my hair removal routine and I want something comfy and breezy to wear.  I've gathered a few pairs over the years but in the winter they nearly always end up turning into lazing-round-the-house-wear... and once an item has become a piece of loungewear, it can never go back.  So I was so happy when I found this great pair of printed trousers in New Look's end of year sale last year.  At only £10 I thought I'd give a slightly more wintry print a chance to set itself apart from the others and work for me all year round.  And I haven't been disappointed.  These ones are a slightly tighter fit than your stereotypical floral trousers, but I think this really helps to give them a slightly more sophisticated look - they're also tailored as opposed to elasticated which also really helps!

I paired the trousers with a white cut-out t-shirt from ASOS, a staple chunky black boot from River Island and a slightly distressed denim jacket from Topshop to wear for during the day.  To wear this outfit in the evening  you could easily swap the denim for a leather or faux fur cropped jacket and wear with some strappy black heels.  Printed trousers are just a great investment because most of the items you can wear with them are staple everyday items - t-shirts, boots or converse etc.  


Trousers - New Look (similar styles here and here) / Shoes - River Island (similar) / T-Shirt - ASOS 
Denim Jacket - Topshop / Headband - New Look 
 / Handbag - Thrifted




I only have uni on Mondays and Wednesdays this term which means today will probably turn into one of those endless cycles of procrastination - browse the web, read 3 pages of my book, eat, write one sentence of my essay, have a coffee and then repeat.  Self-motivation is near impossible when my deadlines are still over a week away and my bed is calling my name. 

Other than my printed trouser revelations, and concentration issues, I'm not brimming with other news - except this headband.  This headband might be small, but it brings me huge joy.  Because it means I can still go out when I haven't washed my hair in 4 days.  And that, my friends, is the key to happiness.  

Ruby x

Follow


No comments:

Post a Comment