Saturday 20 February 2016

Empties #1 - Products I've used up this month



If I actually manage to use up a product in its entireity, it means I'm on to a winner.  The amount of half-used, once worn, 4-times-sniffed stuff I've pawned off on my sisters, my mum, my housemates (etc.) over the years would probably fill a couple of wheelbarrows; it's quite ridiculous.  However, this month I've actually managed to gather together enough bits and pieces that have sadly reached their end of their life to write a post on it!  

This must've been the third or fourth bottle of No 7's Beautiful Skin cleansing lotion that I've managed to use up.  I'm in love with the stuff!  It usually lasts me around 6-8 months too, so for £9.50 I don't really think you can go wrong with this product.  It's really hydrating and leaves your skin silky-soft, but is equally great for removing makeup.  I tend to use this on my face, and a micellar water or eye-makeup remover for my eyes, brows and lips.  I was forever getting the No7 money off vouchers from Boots, and not really knowing what to spend them on, until I found this product... next time you find yourself staring confusedly at the No7 counters, voucher in hand, pick this up and give it a go!


Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit of a lip balm addict.  My favourites are definitely the EOS ones - they're so dinky, come in loads of different flavours and are organic, darling.  Word of warning: as much as I love stores like Urban Outfitters and Topshop, don't buy them from there!  They're so much cheaper online (check out this 5 pack for £12.99), instead of being £7 a pop, plus, with Amazon Prime you can get them in a day anyway and order them from your bed - bliss.

I've loved using this Mac Prep+Prime 'Skin Enhancer' as a primer for what feels like forever!  It must've lasted me around 9 months or so, which I think is pretty great considering I wear makeup most days.  A little also goes a long way with this product, and I find the slight pink tint in this product really helps balance out any yellowy undertones in my skin and gives me a nice luminous base to apply my foundation onto.

I've found this Rimmel London Double Duty base coat to be a great, affordable nail product which does exactly what it says on the bottle.  It's got a very light pink tint, and dries with a rock hard, high shine finish.  Between colours I like to keep my nails topped up with this to help keep them strong... it's the perfect budget base coat, hence, I've used it all!



The Lancome Hydra Zen Nuit night cream is a product it's taken me quite a while to use up, as I don't tend to get particularly dry skin and prefer day creams to night anyway.  However, I really can't fault the hydrating power of this little pot.  It's a slightly heavier, but very silky cream, which sinks straight into your skin.  Whenever I use this I wake up feeling fresh as a daisy.  

Equally, I've loved using Clinique's Moisture Surge eye gel on mornings when I'm not feeling so fresh.   Not gonna lie, I think this shit is expensive and I don't actually remember purchasing it which probably means I got it as a free gift with something - I don't think I ever would've spent £35 on an eye gel, even in the days where I didn't have food to buy and bills to pay.  But, in spite of this, if you're going to splash out on an eye gel, this one is the bomb.  It visibly brightens your eyes, and is so refreshing, especially on hangover mornings.  This little baby has been the keystone of my morning routine for the past year or so, and I will miss it, dearly.

Thanks for reading, as always!  If you likey, don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' via the link below.

Ruby x




Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment