Thursday 24 March 2016

Styling Ankle Swingers, Part One - Daytime






I picked up these wide leg trousers not too long ago in one of my favourite shops - yes, it was the infamous Urban Outfitters.   I just can't get enough of that place, really.  I had been in there a couple of weeks prior, skulking among the sale rails (as per usual) when I spotted these beauties.  You can imagine how crestfallen I was when I found out they had been put in the sale rail by mistake and were in fact a whopping £46.  Fast forward to my module results day and I decided that that was the day, I had earned them, they deserved me, we couldn't be apart and the price tag was no issue.  

The fit is great, as they have a thick elasticated waistband and skim over all the right bits.  Josh couldn't quite understand why they stopped just above the ankle, and has since dubbed them 'the ankle swingers' - as much as I keep telling myself that boys just don't understand fashion, the name has stuck - they are most certainly ankle swingers, and I love them all the same.  I find that their slightly awkward length makes choosing shoes tricky... I think the answer is, all shoes look funny with these, purely because they're kind of funny trousers.  That's all part of their charm!  For a daytime look with these, I like to wear a loose fitting jumper or thin jersey top and pair it with a denim or vintage sports jacket and trainers or lace up dolly shoes if I'm feeling a bit more feminine.  


Jumper - Urban Outfitters  (similar here) / Trousers - Urban Outfitters / Trainers - Nike 
Denim Jacket - Vintage (similar here) / Bag - Urban Outfitters



 In my next post I'll be posting an idea of how to style these for evening looks - I would say they're actually a little bit easier to style for an evening look than daytime, as they look great with pretty much any type of heel.  That's all for today amigos - let me know what you think!

Ruby x

 

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment