Thursday 21 April 2016

Review: L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara



Aloha, and apologies for the lack of posts - what can I say, for uni students this time of year is just known as, well... 'that time of year'.  But today I'm coming at you with a review which has changed my whole perception of high-street mascaras.  I present to you, L'Oreal's Miss Manga mascara.

Having spent a few too many years spending £20 or over on a mascara every 3 months, I just couldn't seem to bring myself to do it this time.  Don't get me wrong - I love the Lancome and Guerlain ones I've also mentioned/reviewed, but the high price tag is a deterrent at the best of times.  L'Oreal's Miss Manga mascara is only £8.99 in Boots (and I'm sure it's cheaper elsewhere, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for those advantage card points), less than half the price of most high-end mascaras, and just as good.  


I'm a big fan of a tapered brush, and this one is great for getting into the corners of your eyes.  I also much prefer bristles to a plastic brush, as I find the plastic brushes get coated with too much product and can make your lashes clumpy, whereas bristles give a more even distribution and more lash separation.  

I don't have particularly long lashes naturally, so what I really look for in a mascara is one that'll give me a good amount of length, volume at the base of my lashes, and strictly no clumps.





I think you can tell from these pictures why this mascara is my new found love.  It's very buildable, so with a few coats, you can achieve a more dramatic look if you so wish.  



For me, it's a hands-down winner!  Can anyone else recommend some good high-street brand mascaras?  How do they compare to high-end?

Love,

Ruby x


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment