Sunday 22 May 2016

Review: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner


 Anyone who knows me will probably I know that over the years, I have really, really suffered in my continued attempts to pull off liquid eyeliner.  I would even go as far as to call myself an eyeliner victim.  I don't know what it is, but something about the combination of my chronically sensitive eyes and devilishly unsteady hand had meant that until yesterday, I considered my eyeliner career to be officially over - the panda eyes had become inescapable, leaving me no choice but to surrender to pencil or gel liner. 

Until... I found this.



Stila is a brand I had heard tentatively about, and until now had been relatively low on my makeup radar.  However, having read a little bit online about this eyeliner (enough to persuade me it could be my saviour) I decided it would be rude not to give it a go.  And what a payoff!  

I cannot honestly recommend this enough - the blackest of blacks, easy application in a pen form, and super durable even for my eyes!



I was a bit unsure about going back to using a pen liner having become so accustomed to using a fine brush with a gel liner, but surprisingly, the transition was easy!  Unlike other pen liners I've tried, this one is easy-peasy to use: it's very tapered, meaning you can get in all the nooks and crannies to achieve whatever form of feline flick your heart desires.  The formula is slightly glossy once dry, as you can see below - I quite like this look, especially for evenings, but it might not be to everyone's taste.


In terms of price, I don't think this product is too bad.  I got mine for £14.50 from the beauty counter at M&S - I believe it's slightly cheaper online from other sites, but I do much prefer to pop into a shop and pick it up myself - is anyone else the same?





What are some of your favourite eyeliner brands?

Ruby x


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment