Sunday 19 June 2016

Mini Manchester Photo Diary



I recently spent a long weekend in Manchester with one of my childhood friends who is at uni there, and although I didn't take that many photos, I thought there was just enough to put together a mini photo diary to give you all a taste of what Manchester is like. 



The first thing I can safely say is that Manchester is a little bit of a vintage haven - not unlike Brighton, but for generally around a third of the price (if you shop in the right places).  I love Brighton but shopping vintage there can get expensive very quickly.  The Northern Quarter in Manchester is full of reasonably priced, eclectic and awe-inspiring vintage shops and boutiques.  




 



The next thing which I couldn't not mention is Manchester's nightlife, which is pretty bloody great (can you tell from my face in these pictures?).  There's more clubs than you can shake a stick at and music of all genres for every taste.  I can highly recommend the couple we went to which were Factory and Sankey's - both weren't too expensive and made for a really fun night!












We also did plenty of walking around and general exploring.  I find the North incredibly different to the South in a way I can't quite put my finger on, and so it's really nice to just wander around and take it all in.




We were really lucky with the weather too and even managed to squeeze in a BBQ and some tanning time with Em's housemates in a local park.




All topped off with a Mr Whippy - perfect!

Ruby x



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment