Sunday 27 March 2016

Styling Ankle Swingers, Part Two - Evening






Hello and welcome to Styling Ankle Swingers Part Two - the evening look.  I've had a terrible accident with my keyboard and for some reason none of the keys along the bottom rows are working - that includes the arrow keys, the shift key, the ctrl key... basically anything important, making blogging/essay writing/anything else extremely labour intensiveI don't know what I'm going to do about it, if anyone has any suggestions please help a sister out.  I think it might've had something to do with me spilling some tea on my keyboard yesterday... it was only a tiny bit though, I swear!!!

These trousers (in case you missed part 1 of my trouser worship, click here
) are also, conveniently, perfect for evening looks.  I think the great thing about big ol' flares is they go with pretty much any type of heel - I love these equally with strappy, chunky heels, or flatforms.  Plus, as I said before, they're the comfiest thing on God's earth, which means if you do want to go out and drink all the beer you can handle, they'll just stretch along with your belly (that's what I really look for in a pair of trousers)! 

I have recently been in love with this body I got from Monki while I was in Tokyo.  As I mentioned in this post, Monki is pretty darn cheap in Japan, and so I couldn't resist this, which I think worked out around £8 in the end.  Unfortunately I can't find it online so I've linked something similar on ASOS.  



Trousers - Urban Outfitters / Body - Monki (similar here) / Shoes - Urban Outfitters
Shirt - Vintage / Handbag - Choies (old)

I generally find that the older I get, the more I like to keep it kind of simple for an evening out or a dressy event.  Gone are the days of my just about butt-covering skirts and mini shorts... I much prefer to feel comfortable on a night out now so I can dance the evening away without worrying about anything falling out.  My go-to recently has also been the lovely shade of lipstick I'm wearing, which is one called 'Rio Rio', from Topshop's range.  I actually really like the formula of this - it's matte, but not at all drying, and the colour is very intense and long-lasting.



Thanks again for reading everyone, feel free to leave me a little comment below and by all means link your blog and I'll check you out.  I love to hear from you!!!  And so finally, here's a picture of my hair doing the Mexican wave.

Ruby x




Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment